Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Srinagar

Heaven on earth is Srinigar (link) called - so far I wouldn't call it like this, but we well see ;-)

I have been staying here for 3 days for arranging some things like a hiking tour without guide, and a motorbike for my planned trip to Leh in Ladakh.

Srinagar is compared to Delhi small, but also crowded and therefore I personally couldn't relax too much at this place. But I hope that this will be possible during my trekking trip the next days and beeing on the road with the bike.

I really have the feeling, epecially after my trip with the bicycle, that I have to be in motion to be happy and beeing in motion means physically, otherwise I don't feel as good I could. => But back from personal topics to Srinagar.

Here you can see a Tuktuk caught fire - but the managed it.


The city of Srinagar has some really nice anxient houses





The city itself is located at the Dal Lake and cut through by two rivers. On one river and the lake there are nice house boats - where you could stay.




As Kashmir was in the 80s the reason for some military intervention between Pakistan and India you can really find everywhere a lot of border police and military. But some guys told me, that they are doing basically nothing except costing a lot.


One day I went to a garden at the top of a small hill - the picture gives you a good impression about the place.
 

Some Thali - the picture was taken by one Indian friend, who wanted me to sell something, this happens not only once a day ;-) But as long you are relaxing you can even survive this with a good mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment