Saturday, September 7, 2013

Gangabal Lake

Starting the trip to Gangabal Lake from Naranag could and should be easily done without guides. I did this even it took me some efforts to get a tent rented and to convince all the guys from the tourist agencies to do it without horsemen and guides.

And even the trip from Sonmarg to Naranag which takes with guides 7 days could be done without guides in 5 days. The good thing is, that you must not even care about food for such a period, cause you will see very often shepherds in the mountains who you can ask for food.

The day before I went up I stayed with yome Gypsi people in Naranag cause I had some serious problems with my stomage and was not able to climb immediately.






The next day I overtook many military guides who were on their way up to their barracks, to ensure Pakistan is not coming over the border.


After I fixed my tent I went further up to another lake where I saw many marmots, which are here bigger than the ones in Europe.


The upper lake...


A horse next to my tent washing my dishes...


Gangabal lake in the morning.


Some shepherds with whom I chatted some minutes.


The way down.





1 comment: