Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Leh


Leh (link) is the capital of Ladakh, but with its only 35.000 inhabitants cozy. Streets are clean, you can find very little traffic on the roads, but a lot of very nice people from all over India and of course dozens of foreigners. But all of them seem to have this Buddhism spirit, which is very pleasant.

Ladakh and Leh is multi-religios and you find beside nice Buddhism temples, forts and monasteries also mosques.

The place I am staying s amazing: it is called "The noble house". The staff is very cool - so they gave me 70% off for the room rate and even gave me breakfast for free on top. => So I got for 1000 Rupies an great room with a fabulous view to the mountains and incl. Internet!


The famous monastery on the top of Leh...


The fort next to the monastery



View from the fort down to Leh.





A yak.





The next days starting from tomorrow I will discover the surroundings of Leh with my motorbike, which will be great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment