Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Shanghai

As I have been already many times to Shanghai (link) and to be honest I did not like the city at all so far, I only stayed two nights there.

So basically beside hanging out in bars with friends living there, I had only one day to take some pictures.

Here you can see the probably most capitalized pedestrian street all over the world "Eastern Nanjing Lu" - you can find there everything from the big expensive brands, to faked products and dozens of people enjoying that. As I was in the morning there, you could not the the big crowds on the pictures.



Elderly people are using the big space of Nanjing Lu every morning for practicing Tai Chi, which could sometimes look a bit funny for us - but I really appreciate what they are doing.

 

The scenery from Bund side of the river towards Pudong - where you can see the pearl tower and all the other famous buildings.


Pearl Tower from Shanghai Financial District.


Yammi Yammi... that lady is guiding here breakfast around.


A tea house in the Ancient City of Shanghai - but don't expect too much there... Even the buildings are looking old, most of them are just looking old. So it is a Disneyland to attract foreigners. Most of the old buildings were teared down and after showing that tourism pays off, build up again with Starbucks in it...

But  to be honest, this time, I enjoyed Shanghai much more than the times before, maybe, cause I just took more time to look at the different spots. But to be honest, I still don't understand why so many foreigners are in love with this city?!


No comments:

Post a Comment