Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bangkok

What to say about Bangkok (link)? I think most is already said about it...

Crowded place good possibilities to hang out in bars, good possibilities to go shopping, many temples, huge crowds of so-called backpackers who are talking all day stupid things but a place with great food.

So beside food, was not too much encounter for me - as I think the city is not too different to Taipeh and Kuala Lumpur.

Anyhow some pictures and impressions I will share with you before I head down to Krabi.

Yesterday I took a boat (public transport) and stayed around 1 hour on the river, where I was passing most of the cultural sights of Bangkok. => As I saw already so many temples in India and Nepal and the places here in Bangkok are even more crowded I decided not to enter any of these sights - and was happy in betraying them from some distance.






Huge amounts of carps are swimming in the river - so better don't eat any fish as carp is not the best fish and especially not when it is coming out of such dirty water ;-)







In a small park close to the river a lot of people were exercising in an open air gym and I also had the possibility to do some pull ups.


Beside the gym there was a small boxing ring, where even small girls were training for a bright future in Thai boxing. The atmosphere in the gym and in the ring was very nice and I really loved it to stay with these people, where not one foreigner was.


The ugly face of prostitution and capitalism...  was also present.

When I was out I also entered an amusement area for gays, where I had the feeling, that the ugly face of capitalism did not rule so hard like in other places I passed. In fact I had the feeling the gays working there did it more or less by choice - what I really don't believe when ladies are doing this.


Nice cap...


No comments:

Post a Comment